Being involved in a car accident as an innocent driver can be a stressful and confusing experience. However, taking the right steps can help ensure a fair outcome for everyone involved. Here are some key actions you should take in the event of a motor claim:
- Remain calm and assess the situation: Take deep breaths, assess the damage to your vehicle, and check for any injuries to yourself or others. If you are in a safe location, do not leave the scene until the police arrive.
- Call the police: Contact the authorities to report the accident and have an official report made. This will be crucial in resolving your motor claim.
- Gather information: Take photos of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved, obtain the contact and insurance information of the other drivers, and get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention: If you are injured, seek medical attention promptly. Even if you do not feel any immediate pain, it is still important to get checked out, as some injuries can take time to manifest.
- Contact Innocent Driver: Free phone 0800 368 8928 or text BUMP to 88440 and they’ll call you. Provide them with the details of the accident and they will handle the claim on your behalf.
- Keep track of expenses: Keep receipts for any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills or car repairs, to present to your insurance company.
- Don’t admit fault: Do not admit fault to the other driver or the police. This can compromise your chances of a fair outcome.
Remember, it’s important to remain calm and take the necessary steps to protect your rights. Following these guidelines can help ensure a fair and smooth resolution to a motor claim and with Innocent Driver helping you will be back on the road in no time.