Motor claims are a common occurrence in the UK, and it’s important to understand the essentials of the process to ensure a fair outcome. By following the steps below, you will be able to get a quick resolution and back on the road as soon as possible:
- Report the motor vehicle accident: If you are involved in a motor accident (Or RTA), it’s important to report it to the police as soon as possible. A police report will help establish the facts of the incident.
- Exchange information: Get the contact and insurance details of the other driver involved in the accident. This information will be necessary to make a claim.
- Contact Innocent Driver either by using their free phone number which is 0800 368 8928 or texting the word BUMP to 88440. They will be able to guide you through the process of making a claim and won’t impact your no claims bonus.
- Provide evidence: Provide Innocent Driver with any relevant information or evidence, such as photos of the damage, statements from witnesses, and the police report.
- Get your vehicle repaired: Fortunately, this can be taken care of by Innocent Driver, and they won’t charge you and you won’t need to pay any excess to the garage.Make a personal injury claim: If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to make a personal injury claim. Innocent Driver will be able to advise you on the process.
- Time limits: There are time limits for making a motor claim in the UK. Typically, you have three years from the date of the accident to make a claim. However, it is much better when it is fresh in you mind at the time of the motor vehicle accident.
In conclusion, understanding the essentials of motor claims in the UK is important to ensure a fair and smooth process. By following these steps and using a motor claims specialist company such as Innocent Driver, you can protect your rights and get the outcome you deserve.